Decorating or redecorating your room can be fun and an overwhelming experience until you realize that it could cost you a fortune. However, you could revolutionize your ideas a little by creating decorative items out of waste materials. You can turn anything from old and unused clothes to the left over wooden pieces and tin cans, into a masterpiece. You need to put things together and spawn something that suits your style. If you have no idea where to begin, you can get started with the ones mentioned below:
I’m sure every household has a stock of plastic or glass bottles that are awaiting reuse.
- Wash the bottle thoroughly to make sure there are no residues or water droplets.
- Paint it and repeat once the paint dries, to make sure the surface is opaque.
- Use masking tape to create patterns of your choice and paint or spray paint the rest of the surface.
- Allow it to dry, and add your favourite flowers in them. It can act as a decorative item on your study table or can be equally up to snuff anywhere in the room.
This is something that draws attention and can change the aura of your room.
- Wash an old bean or soda can thoroughly and let it dry.
- Leave it in the freezer for some time to harden the surface.
- Now, draw patterns on the can, and make holes along the lines.
- Place a scented candle or fairy lights inside the can. It will create a beautiful yet elegant decorative element that can go by your bedside table or in front of your mirror.
It is a common practice to throw out old or worn-out clothes. But did you know you can put pieces together and turn it into something useful?
- Cut your garment into equal strips.
- For a small-sized mat, you’ll require 12 strips.
- Divide them into groups of three and braid all the pieces together. In the end, you’ll have four braided strips.
- Sew the ends together and arrange them in a circular pattern.
- Hold the pieces in place and finally sew them, and voila! Your mat is ready!
We often witness the clumsiness of wires hanging around the table. Be it laptop chargers, phone charges, Wi-Fi connections, it’s all over the place. It’s time that it remains organized.
- Collect an old shoebox and repaint it according to your style and allow it to dry.
- Make sure the junction box fits perfectly inside the shoebox.
- Make holes to pass the wires through the box.
- Arrange your gadgets accordingly and close the box. Now your table looks more organized and elite.
If you have a blank wall inside your room, then it’s like a blank canvas you can work on.
- Collect unused wooden pieces and paint them in contrast to the colour of your wall and allow it to dry.
- Estimate the size for your frame and cut them accordingly.
- To put the pieces together, you can either use a nail and hammer or can use wood glue, and build them in your desired shape
- Tie twines across the corners to hang your pictures.
- You can also upscale it by adding decorative elements around the frame.